July 20 - 22, 2015 in Albany
The New York State Social Studies Resource Toolkit is coming! Be among the first teachers in New York State to construct inquiries for social studies instruction!
Save the dates of Monday, July 20 – Wednesday, July 22, 2015 for an intensive three-day summer institute offering an “A-to-Z Toolkit experience” at the Empire State Plaza in Albany.
The Toolkit is the curriculum and instructional resource that builds out from the recently released New York State K-12 Social Studies Framework. Developed by the authors of the College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework for Social Studies State Standards and nearly 60 NYS teachers, the Toolkit features an ambitious new approach to constructing social studies curriculum inquiries.
- Who: K-12 teachers from across New York working with the Toolkit writers and reviewers
- What: Opportunities to learn about and to create Toolkit inquiries and to network with other pioneering NYS social studies teachers
- When: Monday, July 20 – Wednesday, July 22, 2015
- Where: Empire State Plaza – Albany, NY 12242
- Why: To create ambitious opportunities for students to engage in powerful social studies learning experiences; to be among the first teachers in New York State to develop inquiries for your classroom
- S. G. Grant – Professor of Social Studies Education at Binghamton University; Project Manager of the NYS K-12 Social Studies Toolkit Project
- Kathy Swan – Associate Professor of Social Studies Education at the University of Kentucky, Project Director of the NYS K-12 Social Studies Toolkit Project
- John Lee – Associate Professor of Social Studies Education at North Carolina State University, Project Director of the NYS K-12 Social Studies Toolkit Project
- NYS teacher writers and reviewers
Register now through July 10 at http://nyscss.org/events
Member Price: $150
|Non-Member Price: $185
Both NYSCSS members and non-members are welcome to attend! Non-member registration includes one year of NYSCSS Regular Membership. All registrations include on-site parking and participation in the full institute.
For more information on the NYSCSS Summer Institute, please visit us at www.nyscss.org/events/institute or contact NYSCSS Vice-President Steve LaMorte at firstname.lastname@example.org.